If you plan on rewarding your employees with a special retreat to Maui, then you’ll definitely want to book a few water activities for them. Instead of keeping them inside a hotel room all weekend long, why not get them out in nature and experience some fun and rewarding team building on the water. If you’re not quite sure what ocean activities would be good for your corporate retreat then let Akina Tours & Transportation help you! Here are some suggestions we have for you!
- Whale Watching: This is a MUST for any trip to Maui and a corporate retreat is no exception. Take a whale watching tour when the whales are around Maui during the months of December through March. You can book a tour with the Pacific Whale Foundation or any other tour operator running out of the Maalaea or Lahaina Harbors. Nothing compares to seeing the reaction on your employees’ faces when they experience seeing a whale for the first time. What a memory to make together!
- Kayaking/Canoeing: A great team building exercise for your group may be getting them into a canoe or kayak together. When two or more people are in a small vessel together for the first time, they’ll really learn how to rely on each other, build confidence, communicate and help each other out. After all, they’ll have to learn to work together to conquer the ocean and get back to shore before the end of the day. Check out Hawaiian Paddle Sports for rentals and more.
- Take the Ferry to Lanai for a Day: Make this retreat one to remember with a day trip to Lanai. Check out Expeditions Maui and take the crew to another island for a day.
- Snorkeling: Give the group a relaxing activity one day by taking them snorkeling at Molokini. Nothing is more meditative and reflective than a day at Molokini. After exploring the islet’s sea life, ask the group to reflect on their experience and what they saw with a quiet journaling activity. They’ll be refreshed and creatively inspired after this experience.
- Surfing: Surfing is a way of life in Hawaii and you couldn’t possibly visit without trying to catch a wave or two. If you and your staff are looking for water activities that will be challenging, fun, and out-of-the-box, then surfing is a great choice. There are plenty of surf schools on Maui to choose from and they’ll have you all up and riding your first wave in no time!
So from snorkeling to canoeing, there’s plenty of wonderful group activities to provide for your staff during your next corporate retreat on Maui. We hope we were able to shed some light on the benefits of these activities and that you consider implementing them during your next adventure. Not only that, no matter what the size, we can help you get there! No matter what type of excursion or group tour you decide on, if you’re looking for a way to get your staff around the island then make sure to give us a call today. Learn more about our corporate and group transportation services and options. We look forward to meeting you soon. Aloha.