e mālama pono
The safety and well-being of our employees, guests, partners and local community has always been our top priority. Akina Tours & Transportation will continue to follow the State of Hawaii mandates and comply with the Center for Disease Control and Prevention recommendations during the COVID-19 pandemic.
E mālama pono (taking care)
Akina has implemented an extensive cleaning and disinfecting program to ensure the safety of our employees as well as every person we encounter. Learn how we are making Maui travel as safe as it can be.
Creating a Clean & Safe Space
- A Disaster Kleenup International (DKI) certified company has been utilized to educate and train the Akina team on commercial deep cleaning and disinfecting procedures.
- Our procedures will include frequent Cleaning and Disinfecting in two separate steps of all high touch points, application of EPA registered disinfectants, customized written guidelines for daily practices.
- Examples of frequently touched surfaces and objects on our vehicles, commonly referred to as “touchpoints”, that will require daily disinfection include: door handles, handrails, armrests, seats, overhead compartments, and driver stations.
- Employees will be required to complete a Daily Self-Certification and temperature checks before reporting to work.
- Active temperature screenings upon entrance to the job site will be conducted.
- Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) for all employees will be provided.
- Frequent and proper handwashing is required when possible. If not, hand sanitizer will be available for use.
- Drivers will be required to wear masks in compliance with State and County mandates.
- Policies set forth by the CDC and Government entities will apply to all passengers.
- For the protection of our employees, guests will need to provide and wear masks.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided on board vehicles (tour buses only).
- Since our business consists of private charters, social distancing will be at the discretion of the client.
- Social distancing policies, if mandated by CDC and Government entities, must be adhered to.
If you have inquiries regarding a current booking you may email your salesperson or call us. You can also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to inquire about a new booking please:
We look forward to welcoming you and fulfilling your transportation needs again soon.
“Mahalo nui loa” – The Akina ‘Ohana.